We see it in the classroom, where teachers value the unique gifts that each student offers. We hear it in meet for learning, when we listen deeply to those who feel moved to speak into the silence.
Senior Secondary School
New Senior Secondary School curriculum; namely:
- Senior Secondary School (Science and Mathematics) comprising of Further Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Biology and Agricultural Science.
- Senior Secondary School (Humanities comprising of Economics, Geography, Government, Christian Religious Studies, Islamic Religious Studies, Creative Arts, French, Nigerian Languages, Literature in English. 3 Elective Subjects from either senior secondary school (Business) or (Technology), which include Food and Nutrition, Technical Drawing and Financial Accounting.
- English Language
- General Mathematics
- Computer Studies
- Civic Education
- Entrepreneur (Trade) – Fishery
In addition to Nigerian educational curriculum, International education curriculum leading to IGCSE, SAT, DELF (French) and IELTS are provided in the school.
Junior Secondary schools
Junior Secondary schools uses Basic Education Curriculum developed by the Nigerian Educational Research and Development Council (NERDC). Subjects offered include:
- English Studies
- Basic Science and Technology, comprising of Basic Science, Basic Technology, Computer Studies and Physical/Health Education.
- Religious and Natural Value – comprising of Social Studies, Civic Education, Christian Religious Studies/Islamic Studies, and Security Education.
- Cultural and Creative Arts – Music and Creative Art.
- Business Studies
- Nigerian Languages – Hausa, Igbo, and Yoruba.
- Pre-Vocational Studies – Home Economics and Agricultural Science.
- French Language.
Every year we aim to offer to our students the opportunity to embark on an exciting and fascinating trip to the UK to experience an educational tour of the UK with World Class British hospitality in a UK college of excellence, as well as the possibility of a trip to the UK to join a summer Football Academy with a leading Premiership team.
Accommodation is at a first-class college in the UK with a ranking by the British Accreditation Council. It provides the summer school students from JSS 1 – SSS 2 (i.e. 11 – 15 years old) with a robust package of interactive lessons which combines English language studies for a specific purpose, study skills, and social skills in the morning with leisure, cultural, and excursion activities in the afternoon and evening to many exciting venues in the UK.
The program has been specifically packaged to enhance and continue to offer great learning exposures to the students and an opportunity to meet and interact with new friends thus helping them to prepare for future challenges. Our students benefit tremendously from the program, likewise the college accordingly.
The trip to the UK for CFC students is organised by BEC – the International Education Consultants who have considerable experience with these trips.
Learning Life Skills
Our decision to stay in this urban, multicultural community affirms our belief that the lessons of racial and cultural diversity are a central manifestation of our commitment to Friends’ teachings.